Friday, March 19, 2010

Follow-up to previous post on Bodie California and Unga Island Alaska

After making my previous post this morning, I discovered several YouTube videos on Bodie State Historical Park.  Here are two very good videos:

The Road to Bodie (gives a clear idea of how long it actually takes to get there and the desolate terrain)

One Minute Vacation in Bodie (gives you an excellent idea of what the place is really like)

I have posted these two on my Facebook page.

Unfortunately there were no YouTube videos of Unga Island, Alaska.  I would love to see one.  Apparently it is now a nature preserve, open only to eco-tourism.  I believe many of the houses are still standing.  My mother's first cousin, Winifred Stetson, visited there in the 1980s.

Have a great day!

Betty

PS Thanks to Thomas MacEntee for the tutorial on adding html links to blogposts on Geneabloggers!

No comments: